The No. 14 Virginia women’s tennis team (2-1) continues to compete at home on Saturday, hosting No. 18 South Carolina (3-2) in a 4 p.m. match at the Boar’s Head Sports Club.
Due to health and safety considerations, in addition to the current guidelines for sports venues set by the Commonwealth of Virginia, attendance for UVA home men’s and women’s indoor tennis competitions will be limited to the family of student-athletes and coaching staff until further notice
- Virginia is ranked No. 14 in the latest ITA team rankings while South Carolina enters the weekend at No. 18.
- It’s the second home match of the week for the Cavaliers who defeated VCU by a score of 7-0 on Thursday afternoon.
- Emma Navarro was named ACC Co-Freshman of the Week following her collegiate debut when she went 2-0 in singles play last weekend at Ohio State.
- Virginia has five players ranked in the ITA singles rankings, led by sophomore Natasha Subhash who comes in at No. 11.
- Also ranked for the Cavaliers are: Rosie Johanson (47), Emma Navarro (80), Sofia Munera (91) and Amber O’Dell (104).
- The UVA doubles pairing of Rosie Johanson and Vivian Glozman is ranked No. 31 in the doubles rankings from the ITA.
- South Carolina is 3-2 on the season and has played three straight matches against ACC teams, falling to No. 8 NC State and No. 12 Georgia Tech before beating Clemson.
- The Gamecocks have three players ranked in singles: Megan Davies (30), Mia Horvit (34) and Emma Shelton (93).
- South Carolina has two doubles teams in the rankings: Shelton/Silvia Chinellato (20) and Davies/Horvit (29).
- The Gamecocks lead the all-time series 8-3 between the two teams. The squads met every year from 2014-2019 with the 2018 and 2019 meetings in the NCAA Tournament.