CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia baseball program unveiled its 50-game schedule for the 2021 season on Thursday (Feb. 4). The Cavaliers, who are ranked No. 5 by Baseball America, will open their season with a three-game series against UConn beginning Friday, Feb. 19 at Disharoon Park.
Atlantic Coast Conference action begins the weekend of Feb. 26-28 and continues through May 20-22. Each ACC team is scheduled to play 12 three-game series versus conference opponents (36 total conference games). The 2021 ACC Baseball Championship is planned for May 25-30. The tournament site will be announced in the future.
Virginia will host Notre Dame (March 12-14), Pitt (March 19-21), Miami (March 26-28), Louisville (April 16-18), Duke (April 23-25) and Wake Forest (May 14-16) in conference play at Disharoon Park. Road ACC series will include North Carolina (Feb. 26-28), Florida State (March 5-7), Georgia Tech (April 1-3), Clemson (April 9-11), Virginia Tech (April 30-May 2) and Boston College (May 20-22).
In addition to UConn to start the year, the Cavaliers are scheduled to square off against VMI (Feb. 23), George Washington (March 2 & March 30), Richmond (March 10), Towson (March 17), Liberty (March 23 & April 27), William & Mary (April 6), Old Dominion (April 14) and VCU (April 20 & May 4) in non-conference action.
Television and radio designations will be announced at a later date.
The current guidelines for sports venues provided by the Commonwealth of Virginia under the “Forward Virginia” plan (updated Nov. 13, 2020), allow for the lesser of 30 percent occupancy of the facility or 250 patrons.
2020 Baseball season ticket holders and UVA Students will receive communication directly from the UVA Athletics Ticket Office about attendance plans for the 2021 season.
2021 Schedule by the Numbers
50 total games
29 home games
21 road games
36 ACC contests
14 non-conference games
6 preseason ranked opponents (18 total games)
- Six ACC opponents (Louisville, Florida State, Miami, Duke, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest) are ranked in either the Baseball America or D1Baseball preseason polls.
- 2021 will mark the first time Virginia has opened its season at home since 2009.
• Virginia is scheduled to play every ACC school in the regular season with the exception of NC State. The 36 regular season conference games are a program high. Virginia has played 30 conference games in all but three seasons (2007, 2009 & 2020) since 2006.
- The Cavaliers will play at George Washington on March 30, only the second meeting between the two schools in the nation’s capital since 2006
- Virginia will make its annual the 74-mile trek to Richmond to take on VCU at The Diamond on Tuesday, May 4. It is the latest regular season meeting in Richmond ever between the two schools.
2021 Virginia Baseball Schedule
|2/26||North Carolina||A||3 p.m.|
|2/27||North Carolina||A||2 p.m.|
|2/28||North Carolina||A||1 p.m.|
|3/2||George Washington||H||3 p.m.|
|3/5||Florida State||A||6 p.m.|
|3/6||Florida State||A||2 p.m.|
|3/7||Florida State||A||1 p.m.|
|3/12||Notre Dame||H||3 p.m.|
|3/13||Notre Dame||H||1 p.m.|
|3/14||Notre Dame||H||1 p.m.|
|3/30||George Washington||A||2:30 p.m|
|4/1||Georgia Tech||A||7 p.m.|
|4/2||Georgia Tech||A||6 p.m.|
|4/3||Georgia Tech||A||1 p.m.|
|4/6||William & Mary||H||4 p.m.|
|4/14||Old Dominion||H||6 p.m.|
|4/30||Virginia Tech||A||6 p.m.|
|5/1||Virginia Tech||A||3 p.m.|
|5/2||Virginia Tech||A||1 p.m.|
|5/14||Wake Forest||H||6 p.m.|
|5/15||Wake Forest||H||4 p.m.|
|5/16||Wake Forest||H||1 p.m.|
|5/20||Boston College||A||7 p.m.|
|5/21||Boston College||A||5:30 p.m.|
|5/22||Boston College||A||1 p.m.|
|6/11-6/13||NCAA Super Regionals||TBD|
|6/18-6/30||College World Series||TBD|
Game times and dates are subject to change.