CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 10 Virginia women’s soccer team kicks off the spring portion of its season on Sunday (Feb. 28) when the Cavaliers host George Mason at Klöckner Stadium.
It’s the first match for the Cavaliers since the ACC Tournament semifinals in November, while it will be the second match of the week for George Mason who played for the first time since the fall of 2019 when the Patriots took on Georgetown earlier this week.
• Virginia posted an 8-3-1 record in the fall, finishing third in the ACC standings with a 5-2-1 mark in ACC play.
• The Cavaliers advanced to the semifinals of the ACC Tournament before falling to then No. 1 North Carolina.
• Midfielder Lia Godfrey was named the ACC Freshman of the Year.
• Five players earned All-ACC honors with Alexa Spaanstra named to the first team. Godfrey, Rebecca Jarrett and Diana Ordonez were named to the second team. Samar Guidry and Godfrey were named All-Freshman honorees.
• The 12 games played in the fall count toward selection for the NCAA Tournament which will happen in April.