The No. 3 Virginia men’s tennis team (12-2, 6-0 ACC) hosts Clemson (6-8, 1-5) today at noon at the Virginia Tennis Facility outdoor courts at Boar’s Head Resort.
Due to health and safety considerations, in addition to the current guidelines for sports venues set by the Commonwealth of Virginia, attendance for UVA home men’s and women’s tennis competitions will be limited to the family of student-athletes and coaching staff until further notice
- Virginia moved up to No. 3 in this week’s ITA team rankings after spending the last three weeks at No. 4. This is UVA’s highest team ranking since spending one week at No. 3 during the 2019 season (March 13).
- Grad student Carl Söderlund is the reigning ACC Singles Player of the Week. This was the fourth time he received the accolade in his career, but the first time this season. Södderlund is 7-1 on the top singles court this season
- Söderlund and junior William Woodall were named the ACC Doubles Team of the Week. All three of the Cavaliers doubles teams have now earned the accolade this season
- Virginia won its match against No. 45 Georgia Tech on Friday, 5-2
- Clemson fell 4-0 at Virginia Tech
- Clemson is receiving votes in this week’s ITA Team Rankings
- Clemson leads the all-time series 42-29, but UVA has won the last 17 meetings. The Tigers last win against the Cavaliers came in 2003
The New Home of Virginia Tennis