CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 12 Virginia women’s soccer team returns home to the friendly confines of Klöckner Stadium for the first time since a Feb. 28 game against George Mason when it hosts No. 5 West Virginia at 3 p.m. on Saturday.
• Virginia and West Virginia are facing each other for the second time in a week after the two teams met last Saturday in Morgantown.
• The Mountaineers took the first meeting between the two teams 1-0 after scoring in the 86th minute.
• Virginia leads the all-time series 11-4-2 and is 7-1-1 in games played at home in Charlottesville.
• The Cavaliers won the last meeting in Charlottesville with a 4-1 victory over the Mountaineers in the 2019 season.
• The teams are playing for positioning in the upcoming NCAA Tournament that has been pared down to a 48-team field and will be awarding byes to the seeded teams in the opening round. The event will be played at sites throughout North Carolina and culminate in the College Cup at WakeMed Soccer Park.