CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia women’s tennis team was atop the final ITA Atlantic Region rankings as announced Wednesday (June 9) by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association.
The Cavaliers were the top-ranked team among the 11 in the region as well as having the top-two singles players and top-three doubles teams.
NCAA Singles champion Emma Navarro topped both the region’s singles and doubles rankings with sophomore Natasha Subhash ranked second behind Navarro on both lists. Senior Rosie Johanson gave UVA its third top-10 ranked singles player as she came in at No. 6. Johanson joined Navarro atop the doubles rankings while Sofia Munera joined Subhash. Virginia’s most-common No. 3 doubles tandem of Amber O’Dell and Vivian Glozman ranked third in the region.
The Cavaliers had a strong showing in the final national rankings, which released the week prior. The Cavaliers were No. 9 in the final team rankings, the fourth time in program history the team ended the year ranked in the top-10. The Cavaliers were ranked as high as No. 8 this season, the program’s best ranking since 2016.
Navarro finished second in the final computerized singles rankings with Subhash at No. 15 and Johanson at No. 102. Navarro spent one week atop the rankings this season, the third player in program history to reach a No. 1 ranking. Subhash rose to a career-best No. 8 on April 28 and spent the majority of the season ranked in the top-10.
All three Cavalier doubles teams were in the ITA rankings all season. Subhash, Munera, Navarro and Johanson were the first players in program history to advance to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Doubles Championship with Navarro and Johanson going on to advance to the semifinals. It was the first time in program history that four players earned All-America honors in doubles. Navarro and Johanson were No. 16 in the final national rankings with Subhash and Munera finishing at No. 21 and O’Dell and Glozman at No. 84.
ATLANTIC REGION TEAMS
- Old Dominion
- James Madison
- Penn State
- Virginia Commonwealth
- Virginia Tech
- William and Mary
- Richmond and Navy (tie)
ATLANTIC REGION SINGLES
- Emma Navarro, Virginia
- Natasha Subhash, Virginia
- Ayan Akli, Maryland
- Yulia Starodubsteva, Old Dominion
- Holly Hutchinson, Old Dominion
- Rosie Johanson, Virginia
- Tatsiana Sasnouskaya, Old Dominion
- Paola Delgado, Virginia Commonwealth
- Mila Saric, William and Mary
- 1Daria Afanasyena, James Madison
ATLANTIC REGION DOUBLES
- Emma Navarro, Rosie Johanson, Virginia
- Sofia Munera, Natasha Subhash, Virginia
- Vivian Glozman, Amber O’Dell, Virginia
- Holly Hutchinson, Tatsiana Sasnounskaya, Old Dominion
- Ayana Akli, Eva Alexandrova, Maryland
- Yulia Starodubsteva, Alesya Yakubovich, Old Dominion
- Noumea Witmus, Paola Delgado, Virginia Commonwealth
- Alexis Franco, Daria Afranasyena, James Madison
- Mila Saric, Victoria Okayama, William and Mary
- Jona Roka, Kylie Moulin, James Madison