CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Virginia men’s soccer (2-5-1) hosts in-state foe VCU (5-2-1) on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium. The match will be broadcast on ACCNX.
Game Coverage: ACCNX is available to authenticated subscribers of ACC Network via the ESPN App. Links for the live stream and in-game live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also follow the Virginia men’s soccer official twitter account (@UVAMenSoccer) for in-game updates.
Admission: Fans can purchase single-game tickets in advance online at UVATix.com for $5. UVA athletics strongly encourages fans to avoid lines on game day and purchase their tickets online in advance, there are no fees when buying online. Single game tickets will be $10 at the window on game day. Group packages for parties of 20 or more are just $4 per ticket and are available online or over the phone in advance only.
- Tuesday’s match is the sixth non-conference contest of the season for Virginia.
- UVA is 2-2-1 in those matches.
- The Cavaliers are 0-2 in matches against teams from Virginia this season.
- Virginia is first in the ACC in saves per game (4.25) and third in save percentage (.756).
- The defensive trio of Ueland, Oliver Gerbig and goalie Holden Brown have played in all 776 minutes this season.
- Brown leads the ACC in goalie minutes played (775:59) and saves (33) and is third in saves per game (4.12) and save percentage (.750).
- This is the 29th meeting between Virginia and VCU.
- UVA is 25-2-1 all-time against the Rams. The Cavaliers are 15-1-1 in home games and 13-2-0 under head coach George Gelnovatch.
- The two teams are meeting for the first time since 2016. UVA won that meeting, 3-0, on Sept. 14.
- Virginia has won the last six meetings in the series. Three of the last six matches have gone to double overtime.
- VCU’s last win in the series was a 3-1 victory on Sept. 13, 2008 at VCU.
- VCU most recently defeated Dayton 2-0 on Saturday, Sept. 25.
- The Rams have outscored opponents 14-5.
- Celio Pompeu leads VCU with eight points (3 goals, 2 assists) and Damian Gallegos is second with seven points (2 goals, 3 assists).
- VCU ranks second in the NCAA in saves per game (6.88) and third in save percentage (.917).
- Goalie Mario Sequeira is averaging 6.57 saves per game and a .902 save percentage.
Virginia travels to Notre Dame on Friday, Oct. 1. The match is set to kick at 6 p.m. on ACC Network.