CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The final rounds of the ITA Atlantic Regional Women’s Tennis Championships will be contested Friday through Monday, Oct. 22-25, at the Virginia Tennis Facility at the Boar’s Head Resort. Some additional matches will also be played on the indoor courts at the Boar’s Head Sports Club. The event is open to the public.
The tournament will feature 32 singles players and 16 doubles teams vying for the regional titles.
For the first time, the Intercollegiate Tennis Associations’ regional championships were split with qualifying matches happening at different regional sites earlier this month. Sixteen singles players and eight doubles teams earned spots through qualifying. The remaining 16 singles players and eight doubles teams earned direct entry into this week’s Super Regional by virtue of their ITA and/or UTR ranking.
Freshman Hibah Shaikh earned her spot in the singles main draw via qualifying. Junior Natasha Subhash is the top-seeded player in the singles draw with freshmen Elaine Chervinsky and Melodie Collard seeded three and four, respectively. Sophomore Sara Ziodato and senior Sofia Munera also earned direct entry into the tournament.
Virginia has three doubles teams competing, all of which are seeded.
The regional champions and finalists will earn invitations to compete at the 2021 ITA National Fall Championships being held Nov. 4-7 at the Barnes Tennis Center in San Diego, Calif.
Live stats will not be available, but streaming video will be available for matches played on the six main outdoor courts.
Virginia players have won the singles title three times, including in 2019 by Subhash. UVA has twice won the doubles title, most recently in 2015.
George Washington, Georgetown, James Madison, Maryland, Old Dominion, Penn State, VCU, West Virginia and Virginia will have players competing in the tournament
Friday, October 22
- Play beginning at 9:00 am with the Doubles Round of 16 (pro set to 8, tiebreak at 7-7)
- Not before 11:30 first wave of Singles Round of 32, followed by the second wave
Saturday, October 23
- Play beginning at 8:30 am with Singles Round of 16
- Not before 12:00 pm Singles Quarterfinals
- Not before 3:00 pm Doubles Quarterfinals
Sunday, October 24
- Play beginning at 10:00 am with Singles Semifinals
- Not before 1:00 pm Doubles Semifinals (shifts to 2 out of 3 sets with 10 pt breaker in lieu of 3rd set)
Monday, October 25
- Singles Final beginning at 10:00 am
- *Doubles Final also at 10:00 am IF it does not include either player in singles final. If it does, it will be played not before 1:00 pm.