CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming teams host their home opener on Saturday against Army at 10 a.m. at the Aquatic and Fitness Center. Diving will take place on Friday, October 29 at 6 p.m.
How To Follow
Live results will be available through links on VirginiaSports.com. Updates throughout the competition will be provided on the team’s official Twitter account (@UVASwimDive).
IN THE RANKINGS
- Virginia’s women (1-0) are ranked No. 1 in the CSCAA polls. The Cavaliers opened the season with a win at No. 6 California.
- UVA’s men (0-1) are ranked No. 9 in the latest CSCAA poll.
HOO ARE THESE HOOS?
- Freshmen Gretchen Walsh and Emma Weyant had impressive debuts in the meet at Cal.
- Walsh earned ACC Women’s Swimmer of the Week honors after winning two individual events and swimming on both first-place relays against the Golden Bears. She currently holds the top time in the NCAA in the 100-yard freestyle and is second in the 100-yard backstroke and 50-yard freestyle.
- Weyant won the 1000-yard freestyle and finished second in the 500-yard freestyle. Her times rank fourth and sixth, respectively.
- Ella Bathurst and Kate Morris also made their collegiate debuts for the Cavalier women’s team.
- Kate Douglass, Alexis Wenger and Alex Walsh all won two individual events in the Cal dual.
- Alex Walsh has the top time in the 200-yard butterfly and 200-yard backstroke so far this season.
- Matt King made his UVA debut with a win in the 50-yard freestyle at Cal.
- UVA’s men won both relay events in the loss at No. 2 Cal.
- Jack Aikins, Scooter Iida, Tyler Sicignano and Daniel Worth made collegiate debuts for UVA.
- Army’s men are 3-1 in dual meets, while the women are 3-3 this season.
- Both teams are coming off wins against Seton Hall on Saturday (October 23).
- Aurelie Migault, Meghan Cole and Minh Donnell each earned two individual victories on the women’s side.
- For the Cadets men, Evan Zhang, Kevin Lin and Daniel Alaimo each earned two individual wins.
Virginia hosts Texas in a two-day dual meet November 5 & 6 at the Aquatic and Fitness Center. The meet will be streamed on ACCNX.