CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia swimming and diving teams return to dual meet action on Saturday, January 15 at 11 a.m. against Virginia Tech at the Christiansburg Aquatic Center.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Live results will be available on Meet Mobile and links for the live results are on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can follow live updates on Twitter (@UVASwimDive).
IN THE RANKINGS
- Virginia’s women (3-0) remain No. 1 in the CSCAA Top 25, having held the top spot in the rankings all season.
- The Virginia men’s team (1-2) is ranked No. 17 and will face No. 16 Virginia Tech.
- This will be the first ACC dual for the Cavaliers this season before taking on North Carolina and NC State next weekend.
- UVA’s women have defeated then-No. 6 Cal and then-No. 6 Texas, while the men’s team has competed against then-No. 2 Cal and then-No. 1 Texas.
- Most recently, UVA competed at the Tennessee Invite, with both teams finishing third.
- The last dual meet for the Cavaliers, UVA’s women set nine pool records and won 15 events in the 201-152 win over Texas. The men battled to a 223-122 loss to No. 1 Texas.
- The Cavalier women hold top times in the ACC in 11 events.
- Junior Kate Douglass leads the ACC in the 50-yard freestyle, 100-yard freestyle, 200-yard breaststroke, 100-yard butterfly and 200-yard IM.
- On the men’s side, UVA ranks in the top five in six events.
- UVA’s Matt Brownstead and VT’s Yousseff Ramadan are tops in the ACC in the 50 and 100-yard freestyles.
- Noah Nichols and VT’s Carles Coli Marti have top times in the 200-yard breaststroke and Casey Storch has one of the top times in the 400-yard IM.
ABOUT THE HOKIES
- Virginia Tech’s men are 3-2, most recently falling to Ohio State and Indiana and defeating Penn State.
- The Hokie women are 1-3, coming off losses to Ohio State and Indiana.
Virginia will close out the dual meet season next weekend when it hosts North Carolina on Friday, January 21 and NC State on Saturday, January 22 at the Aquatic and Fitness Center.