CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia men’s swimming & diving team will head to Atlanta to begin competition at the 2022 NCAA Championships at McAuley Aquatic Center, March 23-26.
HOW TO WATCH
The entire meet will be streamed on ESPN3. Links for the live stream and live results are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- The first night of competition begins on Wednesday with finals of the 200-yard medley relay and 800-yard free relay beginning at 6 p.m.
- Thursday-Saturday will have prelims at 10 a.m., diving at 12:30 p.m. and finals at 6 p.m. each day.
ABOUT THE HOOS
- Virginia’s men finished ninth at the 2021 NCAA Championships, marking the second-best finish in program history and best since 2011.
- The Cavaliers return All-Americans Matt Brownstead, Justin Grender, Noah Nichols and Casey Storch from last season.
- UVA’s 200-yard freestyle relay team of Brownstead, Matt King, Connor Boyle and August Lamb set an American record at the 2022 ACC Championships.
- Brownstead’s leadoff leg split of 18.87 improved his school record in the 50 free by .01.
- Jack Aikins set a UVA record in the 200-yard backstroke to finish second at the ACC Championships.
- King, Brownstead and Boyle finished second, third and fourth at ACCs in the 100-yard freestyle.
- The trio own the top three times in the 100 free and along with Aikins and Lamb, have the top five times in the 50 free in UVA history.
- Walker Creedon won the platform event at the NCAA Zone A Championships to qualify in the event for the NCAA Championships.