CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The matchups for the Virginia Duals were released on Thursday and the Cavaliers will face Kent State, Maryland, Navy and Ohio over the course of two days. The event will be wrestled Jan. 13-14 at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Va.
Virginia will face off with Ohio and Navy on Friday before taking on Kent State and Maryland on Saturday.
NOTES ON THE VIRGINIA DUALS AND MATCHUPS
• It’s the 43rd edition of the Virginia Duals.
• There are no first-time opponents in the matchups as the Hoos have faced all four teams several times.
• Virginia and Maryland have met 66 times with the Terrapins leading 40-26. UVA won last year’s meeting at UMD.
• The Hoos and Kent State have met nine times with the Golden Flashes leading 6-3. UVA won the last dual 23-12 in the 2020 edition of the Virginia Duals.
• Virginia and Navy have met seven times with the Midshipmen claiming every meeting. The two teams last met in the 2009 season.
• The Hoos have faced Ohio six times and lead the series 4-2. Virginia won the last meeting 29-9 at home in the 2018-19 season.