CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams closed out competition in the 2023 Cavalier Invite on Sunday afternoon at the Aquatic and Fitness Center.
- Freshman Izzy Bradley swam a season-best time to win the 200-yard backstroke. It was also the fifth fastest time by a UVA swimmer this season.
- Sophomore Kate Morris finished first in the 100-yard freestyle with a 50.33.
- Graduate student Jaycee Yegher finished first in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:09.83.
- Junior Sam Baron improved her season-best time in the 200-yard butterfly with a 1:55.88 to win the event.
- Junior Addie Laurencelle finished first in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 44.32.
- Freshman Matthew Heilmann clocked in first in the 200-yard breaststroke with a 1:59.07, the third fastest swimmer for the Cavaliers this season in the event.
- Junior Jack Moore won the 200-yard butterfly with a season-best swim of 1:47.48.
- Freshman Alex Hotta clocked a season-best time in the 1650-yard freestyle, finishing in 15:34.44.
Virginia will travel to Greensboro, N.C., to compete in the 2023 ACC Swimming & Diving Championships, Feb. 14-18, at the Greensboro Aquatic Center.