WEYMOUTH, MASS. – The No. 15 Virginia women’s tennis team (9-3, 3-1 ACC) picked up a 6-1 road victory at Boston College (8-5, 1-4 ACC) on Sunday (March 5).
The Cavaliers opened the match with 6-2 and 6-1 victories on the top two doubles courts to clinch the point.
Sarah Ziodato and Hibah Shaikh picked up straight-set victories on courts four and five. Elaine Chervinsky and Mélodie Collard both rebounded from dropping their first sets to win their second and third sets. Natasha Subhash won her first set but dropped her second in a tiebreaker on court two. Subhash won the super breaker to give UVA its sixth point.
Virginia plays one match next week at UCF on Friday, March 10 in Orlando, Fla.
#15 Virginia 6, Boston College 1
- #119 Marice Aguiar (BC) def. #38 Julia Adams (VA) 7-5, 6-4
- #110 Natasha Subhash (VA) def. Laura Lopez (BC) 6-3, 6-7, 1-0
- Elaine Chervinsky (VA) def. Sophia Edwards (BC) 2-6, 6-2, 6-1
- Sara Ziodato (VA) def. Seren Agar (BC) 6-2, 6-1
- #92 Hibah Shaikh (VA) def. Muskan Mahajan (BC) 6-3, 6-2
- Melodie Collard (VA) def. Stephanie Sanchez (BC) 4-6, 6-2, 6-3
- Melodie Collard/Julia Adams (VA) def. #60 Marice Aguiar/Laura Lopez (BC) 6-2
- #7 Elaine Chervinsky/Natasha Subhash (VA) def. Hailey Wilcox/Seren Agar (BC) 6-1
- Sophia Edwards/Stephanie Sanchez (BC) vs. Sara Ziodato/Hibah Shaikh (VA) 3-3, unfinished