CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 5 Virginia women’s soccer team (2-0-1) goes on the road for the only time in non-conference play to face George Mason (0-3-0) in a 6 p.m. contest on Sunday (Aug. 27).
HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION
Sunday night’s match will be streamed on ESPN+ which is available through the ESPN app and at ESPN.com. Fans can also get updates through live stats or by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVAWomenSoccer).
- Virginia is coming off its third straight shutout to start the season after playing Michigan to a draw on Thursday.
- Cayla White moved to 3-0 on the year and has two solo shutouts on the season in goal.
- White is now 21-4-4 as a starter and needs three more wins to move into the top 10 all-time at Virginia.
- Three Hoos have scored two goals this season with Maggie Cagle, Meredith McDermott and Allie Ross each tallying a brace this season. All three players also have five points each on the season.
- To date, seven different Hoos have scored as the Cavaliers have tallied 10 goals on the season.
- Six different players have assists for the Hoos this season.
THE SERIES WITH GEORGE MASON
- Virginia and George Mason have faced off 26 times with the Hoos leading the series 15-8-3.
- The teams last met a year ago with Virginia taking a 3-1 victory at Klöckner Stadium in the season opener.
- It’s the third straight year for the teams to face off as they also met in the 2021 season at GMU
- Virginia leads the series 4-3-2 in games played at George Mason, including the 2-0 win in 2021
UP NEXT FOR THE HOOS
Virginia returns home next week for a pair of matches. The Cavaliers will host West Virginia at 6 p.m. on Thursday (Aug. 31) as part of a doubleheader with the Virginia men’s team. The Hoos will then host VCU at 2 p.m. on Sunday (Sept. 3).