CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The Virginia men’s soccer team (6-3-3, 2-2-1 ACC) is set to take on No. 11 Pitt (5-3-3, 2-1-2 ACC) on Friday night (Oct. 13) at Klöckner Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.
How to Follow
Friday night’s match against Pitt will be streamed on ACCNX which is available through the ESPN app and at WatchESPN.com for customers who have the ACC Network as part of their TV subscription. Links to both the broadcast and live stats are available at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also get updates by following the program’s official Twitter account (@UVAMenSoccer).
AGAINST THE PANTHERS
- This will mark the 16th meeting between Virginia and Pitt
- Virginia holds the edge in the all-time series with a mark of 9-4-2 all-time and 6-3-1
- The Cavaliers are winners of their last two meetings with Pitt having taken a pair of victories from the 2022 campaign, first on the road in ACC play (9/30/22), then at home in the ACC quarterfinals (11/6/22). The pair of victories snapped a five-match winless streak against the Panthers.
MILLER AGAINST THE PANTHERS
- Virginia sophomore, Reese Miller has found success against the Panthers scoring in each of his meetings against Pitt
- As a freshman in 2022, Miller opened his scoring account as a Cavalier with a game-winning goal in a 3-1 road victory over No. 10 Pitt
- Miller struck for a second time against the Panthers when Virginia topped Pitt by a score of 1-0 in an ACC quarterfinal match at Klöckner Stadium.