CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams host Texas on Friday (Oct. 27) with diving at 2 p.m. and swimming at 4 p.m. and Saturday (Oct. 28) with diving at 9 a.m. and swimming at 11 a.m. at the Aquatic & Fitness Center.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Live results will be available through Meet Mobile. Fans can follow @UVASwimDive on Twitter and Instagram for updates.
Free parking will be available in the two surrounding lots of the AFC (along Alderman Road and Geldar Drive).
ABOUT THE MEET
- UVA and Texas will compete in “Super Finals” on Friday. The events will feature 4v4 races of each event followed by a one-on-one race with winners awarded 10 points.
- Virginia’s women enter the meet as the top-ranked program in the CSCAA Poll. Texas’ women are currently ranked No. 3.
- The UVA men are ranked No. 15 by the CSCAA and Texas is No. 7.
- Saturday’s meet will return to traditional dual meet style events.
- Order of events Friday: 200 medley relay, 200 free, 100 back, 100 breast, 50 free, women’s 500 free, 100 IM, 100 fly, men’s 500 free, 4×50 relay.
- Order of events Saturday: 400 medley relay, 1000 free, 200 back, 200 breast, 100 free, 200 fly, 200 IM, 400 free relay.
HOW ARE THESE HOOS
- UVA’s women rank in the top-10 times in the NCAA in 12 of 13 events.
- Junior Gretchen Walsh enters the meet with the fastest times in the NCAA this season in the 100 free and 100 back.
- Freshman Tess Howley currently leads the NCAA with her time in the 200 fly.
- The Cavalier women topped Florida 164-136 in the opening dual meet of the season.
- UVA’s men fell to Florida, 202-93 in the dual meet.
- Senior Noah Nichols returns after competing at the Pan American Games, winning silver in the 100 breast.
- Senior Matt Brownstead picked up two runner-up finishes against Florida in the 50 and 100 free.
Virginia will compete at the Tennessee Invite, Nov. 15-17, in Knoxville, Tenn.