Luke Hanson Pronunciation
SUMMER 2022: Played 31 games for the Auburn DoubleDays of the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League … batted .290 (27-for-93) with five doubles, a triple, a home run and 12 RBI … tied for second on the team in doubles and third on the team with 20 runs scored … DoubleDays were one of seven teams in the league to make the playoffs … Hanson went 2-for-4 and drove in the team’s only run in one-game playoff against Utica.
LAFAYETTE HIGH SCHOOL
• Played baseball and football at Lafayette, serving as a two-year captain in each sport
• Won the 2019 VHSL Class 4 State Championship in baseball and the 2020 VHSL Class 3 State Championship in football
• Named the 2020-21 757 Male Athlete of the Year
• Was 25-5 as Lafayette’s starting QB (2019-2021)
• Recipient of the 2021-22 Gordy Tutman Award (Lafayette’s award for most outstanding student-athlete of the year)
• No. 4 shortstop and the No. 14 player overall in the Commonwealth of Virginia according to Perfect Game.
• Born in Williamsburg, Va.
• Son of Dane and Heidi Hanson
• Oldest of four children, has three siblings – Dru, Jake, Leigh
• Father Dane was a left-handed pitcher at Army
• Has yet to declare a major at UVA