Kroger Tailgate Fan Recipe
Kroger ‘Hoos Tailgating Winners
North “B” Bistro
Blackened Cajun-Chili Scallops and Shrimp
- Sea Scallops uncooked
- Shrimp uncooked, shelled
- Cajun spices
- Chili Powder
- Seafood Boil Spices
- Olive Oil
Blend all spices with oil to create a marinade. Add scallops and shrimp to marinade. Blend and saturate marinade on scallops and shrimp. Blacken on grill for 8-10 minutes.
Chipotle Ancho Chili Pepper & Coffee Rubbed Beef Tenderloin
- Beef Tenderloin closely trimmed
- Chipotle Chili Pepper
- Ancho Chili Pepper
- Brown Sugar
- Hungarian Smoked Paprika
- Sea salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Ground Coffee Beans
Blend all spices with ground coffee. Pat on beef tenderloin. Char-Grill to desired temperature
by the Wysor Tailgate
- 2 lbs. venison (chicken, beef or pork)
- 1 c. soy sauce
- 1 c. ketchup
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp pepper
Take venison from freezer and let it thaw part way to make slicing easier. Slice meat into thin slices. In a bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients together and mix well. Add meat and let marinate overnight. Set grill on medium heat and grill until meat is done.
Hoodini Paninis: Featuring The Hook and Ladder*
- sourdough bread
- Vidalia Onion, sliced
- Hanover tomato, sliced
- roast beef
- Swiss cheese
- Provolone cheese
- banana peppers
- sweet sandwich pickles
- Thousand Island dressing
- panini grilling pan
- gas grill
Butter the grilling side of each slice of bread. Stack your ingredients. Spread a little dressing on your last ingredient and top with the bread. Place panini grilling pan on surface of gas grill. Place sandwich on heated panini grilling pan. Flip sandwiches when bread is toasted. Serve when the cheese is melted. Watch them disappear!
*The panini featured is in honor of the Charlottesville Fire Department and their support of UVA Athletics and the great care they give to all of the tailgaters at Scott Stadium!
- Defensive Line: roast beef, Swiss, onion, tomato, peppers
- Quarterback Sneak: pastrami, Provolone, pickles
- The Spread Offense: roast beef, turkey, Provolone, onion
- Special Teams: ham, turkey, onion, tomato, peppers
Orange & Blue Deviled Eggs
by The Goodloe’s
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the eggs in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Immediately remove the pot from the heat, cover it, and let it stand for 10 minutes. Uncover the pot and let the eggs cool in the water.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Pop out the yolks into a bowl.
- Dip and soak the egg whites in blue food color to the desired shade……..NOT Carolina Blue!
- Mash the yolks well with a fork or press them through a sieve. Combine the yolks with the sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, horseradish, vinegar, and pepper.
- Add liquid food coloring to the desired shade of true orange (not wimpy Tennessee orange)
- Spoon or pipe the filling into the eggs.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Crew Sabre’s Shish kabobs
- 1 each of a red, yellow, green pepper
- 1-2 onions
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 2 jars sliced or halved mushrooms
- 1 can pineapple chucks
- 2-3 medium steaks
- 4-5 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. shrimp
- Semi freeze steak and chicken to make cutting easier.
- Steam shrimp in beer for 3-4 minutes. Add Ole Bay or other seasonings for desired taste. Set aside to cool.
- Remove semi frozen steak and chicken from freezer. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Marinate steak and chicken in sauces (of your choice) for approximately one hour. Garlic Italian dressing and A1 steak sauce were used in this recipe.
- Peel shrimp.
- Cut peppers and onions into 1 inch pieces but leave cherry tomatoes whole they grill better this way. Drain mushrooms and pineapple chucks. Set aside ingredients
- Prior to placing foods on skewers, sere chicken and steak on the stove. This will reduce cooking time on the grill.
- Begin placing foods on the skewers, alternating each. Continue until complete.
- Line grill with aluminum foil. Set grill to medium heat.
- Place shish kabobs on the aluminum foil. Cook on each side approximately 3-5 minutes until brown, turning frequently. Remove when done.
- Serve shish kabobs with other side dishes and your favorite “beverage”.
Serves approximately 20 hungry Cavalier Fans….yum yum !!
William & Mary:
Tailgate Cheese Steaks
by The Schellhammers
- 1 pound rib eye, frozen, then cut very thin
- 1 yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 green pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 jar Cheez Whiz or 8 slices provolone
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Non-stick cooking spray
The Night Before the Tailgate:
1. Cut the green pepper and onion season them with salt and pepper put them in a zip lock bag.
2. Place rib eyes in freezer for about 30 minutes. Remove and slice very thin. Place the sliced steak into a zip lock bag.
At the Tailgate:
1. Heat your grill to a medium high temperature. Spray some cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray on the surface of your grill or grill pan.
2. Saut onions and peppers until soft and place in separate pan near the grill to keep them warm.
3. Heat the Cheez Whiz either in a very small portable crock pot or in a disposable aluminum tray on the grill, being careful to not burn the Cheez.
4. Spray some more non-stick spray on grill where you just removed the onions and peppers. Place meat on the grill or grill pan, lying the pieces flat and overlapping to form a shape that will fit nicely on the roll. Depending on the size of your grill and pan, you may have to do this in a few batches. The meat should only take a few minutes to cook through.
5. As the meat finishes cooking, place a nice pile of the meat on a roll, add some of the grilled onions and peppers, then spoon on some Cheez Whiz or provolone and enjoy!