Postgame Notes vs. Tennessee
Women’s Basketball Game Notes
No. 6 Tennessee 77, No. 12 Virginia 63
Nov. 22, 2009
• Today’s attendance of 11,895 is the largest crowd to watch a home Virginia women’s basketball game. The previous record was 11,174 vs. North Carolina in University Hall on Feb. 5, 1986.
• The highest crowd to watch a Virginia women’s basketball game in John Paul Jones Arena before today was 7, 107 against sixth-ranked Maryland on Feb. 11, 2007.
• Tennessee leads the all-time series with the Cavaliers 12-2. In Charlottesville, the Lady Vols are 2-0.
• The Cavaliers have a record of 44-12 all-time in John Paul Jones Arena, now in its fourth season as UVa’s home court.
• Senior Monica Wright led Virginia with 21 points and needs 244 more to break Dawn Staley’s all-time career scoring record at UVa (2,135).
• Wright in double-digit scoring in all four of Virginia’s games this season.
• Virginia will spend Thanksgiving in the Bahamas at the Junkanoo Jam. The Cavaliers meet Indiana at 2:15 p.m. Thursday (Nov. 26) in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island.