Diamond Details: Kristen Hawkins
Members of the Virginia softball team – both student-athletes and coaches – will be revealing 20 random facts about themselves to VirginiaSports.com each weekday leading up to the team’s season-opener on Saturday, Feb. 13th at the Elon Tournament in Elon, N.C. First up is freshman Kristen Hawkins, who hails from Elizabeth, Pa.
1. I eat chocolate and French vanilla flavored cool whip like it’s my job.
2. I have never had a job.
3. I am related to Elvis Presley.
4. I am pretty much amazing when it comes to burping and I can burp the alphabet.
5. I still sleep with the ginormous bunny, Bun Bun, which I’ve had since I was a baby.
6. I am obsessed with Lisa Fernandez and Mariah Carey.
7. I am ambidextrous at everything I do.
8. My favorite number is 13. I have a 13 necklace I never take off and I was born 13 days late.
9. I hate milk and have never and will never drink it.
10. My favorite movie is Pocahontas, hands down, and I have a Pocahontas Barbie doll.
11. I secretly want to be a Smurf.
12. I was a Harry Potter Puppet Pal and found the source of the ticking.
13. I have a collection of bathroom hall passes I have gathered from high school.
14. I like to dress up as a banana, a taco, a cow, a sumo wrestler or something really strange and go around in public wearing the costumes.
15. I dressed as one of my teachers in high school for Halloween.
16. I wear my orange, blue and white knitted hat, that (Sarah) Tacke’s grandma knitted, EVERYWHERE I go.
17. I collect stamps.
18. When I was little, I tried to sneak out of my house to catch a raccoon to be like Pocahontas.
19. I always rock a high-side ponytail.
20. I ate a stinkbug on a dare and I’d totally do it again.