Diamond Details: Taylor Williams
Members of the Virginia softball team – both student-athletes and coaches – will be revealing 20 random facts about themselves to VirginiaSports.com each weekday leading up to the team’s season-opener on Saturday, Feb. 13th at the Elon Tournament in Elon, N.C. Up next is freshman outfielder Taylor Williams, a native of Woodbridge, Va.
1. In fifth grade I was Hamlet in our drama club production. We performed at our school and even got to perform at the Folgers Library in Washington D.C.
2. When I was 10, a teammate and I both got unicycles and rode them around her neighborhood and in between games at softball tournaments. I can still ride it.
3. I really enjoy photography and I collect old video and photographic cameras, especially Polaroid cameras; my favorite one is my SX-70 its neat because it’s collapsible!
4. I’m really into bicycles, and aspire to be a competent bike mechanic so I can put together my own bike to ride around and then play bike polo while riding it.
5. I’m a big movie watcher, my favorite ones are Pulp Fiction and Harold and Maude.
6. My favorite type of food is Korean food and I hope to go to Korea one day, so I can walk around and basically eat all day.
7. On the night of my senior prom I got dressed up, went to dinner, and then went to Chuck E. Cheese, not the dance.
8. The only shoes I wear are Vans. I have about 10 pair in different colors and styles.
9. I keep a lucky ball in my glove when I’m not using it. I didn’t hit it over a fence or anything special; it just had blue seams, which I thought was really cool. So I kept it and now it’s lucky.
10. I really enjoy Harry Potter. I’m planning a trip to the Wizarding World Of Harry Potter as soon as possible, and I tried to get the team to compete in a Quidditch tournament on Grounds.
11. I only wear black socks.
12. I really like watches and I’m continuously searching for the perfect pocket watch.
13. I really enjoy going to museums. My favorite museums in D.C. are the National Museum of American History, the Air and Space Museum, and the National Gallery of Art.
14. When I was younger I wanted to be a cryptologist and I read all the books on codes and ciphers I could find.
15. My favorite photographer is William Eggleston.
16. I prefer film pictures to digital pictures.
17. In kindergarten my friend and I wrote and illustrated a book series called “The Bug Family.”
18. I like photo booths, and whenever I see one that still uses the chemical photographic process and isn’t digital I have to use it.
19. I was voted “Most Talkative” in my high school’s Senior Superlatives.
20. One of my coolest and favorite possessions is a hand cranked music box that plays “Here Comes the Sun” by the Beatles. I like it because I like mechanical objects and watching them work, it plays a nice tune, and it was given to me as a birthday present by someone very special to me.