Diamond Details: Alexa Martinez
Members of the Virginia softball team – both student-athletes and coaches – will be revealing 20 random facts about themselves to VirginiaSports.com each weekday leading up to the team’s season-opener on Saturday, Feb. 13th at the Elon Tournament in Elon, N.C. Up next is transfer infielder Alexa Martinez, a native of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
1. I’ve successfully ordered a cheeseburger with no cheese from McDonald’s once.
2. My initials spell a body limb, ARM.
3. Both my brother and I have light eyes even though both our parents have very dark eyes.
4. I’m Cuban and I love it.
5. I frequently wear purple sweatpants that cost me five dollars at Wal-Mart.
6. I won Best Sense of Humor in my senior superlatives.
7. I enjoy scootering to class on my Razor Scooter.
8. I’ve seen every episode of One Tree Hill.
9. I like to listen to country music because you can’t dance to it.
10. Rachel and I took Coach Schmidt out sledding during the blizzard.
11. Glen Coco received a candy cane from me.
12. I could spend all afternoon watching the Food Network.
13. In the first grade I gave myself little bangs and they still have not grown out all the way.
14. I’m probably the most awkward person you’ll ever meet.
15. Making awkward situations out of non-awkward situations is actually really fun.
16. I’ve discovered the origin of the word “banana”.
17. Gum chewing is essential for me.
18. I use to make my grandpa drop me off at the Chinese restaurant down the block from my house so I could “walk home” from school.
19. I like to eat my Tostitos chips plain, with absolutely no salsa.
20. I’ve reached the “Pro” skill level in Wii Tennis.