Diamond Details: Lauren Didlake
Members of the Virginia softball team – both student-athletes and coaches – will be revealing 20 random facts about themselves to VirginiaSports.com each weekday leading up to the team’s season-opener on Saturday, Feb. 13th at the Elon Tournament in Elon, N.C. Up next is freshman Lauren Didlake, who hails from Bowling Green, Va., and joined the team in January.
1. I love hunting with my family. However, it’s more about hearing the dogs run than killing a deer.
2. My family has about 20 hunting dogs and I know them all by name.
3. I come from a town that covers 1.5 square miles and has only a handful of stoplights in the whole county.
4. My mom is training to run a marathon.
5. My favorite food is deer meat wrapped in bacon.
6. I never go anywhere without my buck knife that my daddy gave me when I turned 10.
7. My little sister is my best friend. She was my “date” to the senior prom when she was a freshman.
8. I fish. I have the best luck using a spinner bait.
9. I love all types of music, but country is my favorite. My iTunes library has everything from Darius Rucker to Maxwell … and a lot of George Strait.
10. My dad, little brother, and I killed about 40 squirrels in our yard one summer because they ate the bumper of my dad’s truck. I live in a neighborhood.
11. Every Thursday night is poker night at my house, well my garage.
12. My family eats in our garage almost every night. It is fully equipped with an oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, woodstove, table, chairs, and television.
13. We get 50 cable channels at my house … on a good day.
14. I love it when the power goes out, which happens in almost every thunderstorm.
15. My best friend and I love Candace Parker. We watched every Tennessee women’s basketball game of the 2007 season together.
16. I eat barbeque sauce on everything including hash browns, rice, and hot dogs.
17. My boyfriend and I have a lab named Harley that acts like a person. She always steals the TempurPedic pillow.
18. My all time favorite movie is Love and Basketball.
19. The only reason I played basketball in high school was because my best friend and I made a deal that I would play if she played field hockey.
20. My Uncle Magic used to work security for UVA football games and saw a bear run between two dorms after a game a couple of years ago.