FB Virginia at Boston College - BC Postgame Notes
Boston College vs. Virginia
November 20, 2010
Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill, Mass.
• BC is the fifth team in ACC history to win four games in a row after losing four straight in the same
• Boston College improves to 5-0 in the all-time series against the Cavaliers.
• For the first time since November 11, 2006 against Duke, Boston College had two running backs rush
for over 100 yards in junior Montel Harris (114) and true freshman Andre Williams (108).
• There were 89 minutes and 59 seconds of game play between the last time the Eagles defense gave up
a touchdown (at Wake Forest) and the one allowed in the first quarter against Virginia.
• Sophomore LB Luke Kuechly extended the nation’s longest streak of games with 10 or more tackles
to 20 games.
• Kuechly ranks ninth on the all-time Boston College tackles list with 319.
• Junior RB Montel Harris racked up 114 yards on 24 carries to pass Mike Cloud (3, 597) and Tony
Stradford (3,504) for second on Boston College’s all-time rushing list.
• This marks the 21st game with 100 or more yards for Harris, who is now tied with Florida State’s
Warrick Dunn for third in ACC history.
• Harris scored his 27th career touchdown, tying him for second all-time at BC with Darnell Campbell
and Troy Stradford.
• Freshman QB Chase Rettig threw for over 100 yards in the first half for the first time in his career.
• True freshman RB Andre Williams had a 59-yard scamper, the longest of his career, which set up a
touchdown by Harris with 2:51 left in the third. The Schnecksville, PA native handled the pigskin 12
times for a career best 108 yards
• True freshman WR Alex Amidon caught a 39-yard pass for the second TD of his career with 1:21
remaining in the first half. He led BC with 57 yards on three receptions and a touchdown.
• Redshirt freshman K Nate Freese moved into second on the BC single season list for field goals with
17. He connected on a 23-yard attempt in the first quarter.
• True freshman LB Kevin Pierre-Louis posted a career high 14 tackles on the day.
Attendance: 39, 263
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 51 degrees, winds SW 15-20 MPH.
Coin Toss: Virginia won the toss and elected to defer to the second half. BC received the kick off and
defended the north goal to start the game.