Diamond Details: Karli Johnson
First year members of the Virginia softball team will be revealing 20 random facts about themselves to VirginiaSports.com this week as the Cavaliers gear up for the 2011 season-opening tournament next weekend (Feb. 12-13) in Buies Creek, N.C. Next up is Karli Johnson, a native of Lovettsville, Va.
1. I am extremely sarcastic.
2. I am completely obsessed with any kind of chocolate, especially chocolate ice cream.
3. My grandfather built his own first car, and he used an apple crate as the front seat.
4. I am double-jointed.
5. I love love love listening to music, especially country and rock. I have over 3,500 songs in my iTunes library.
6. Every summer my family vacations in Deep Creek, Md., and I can’t wait to live somewhere just like it.
7. I have been on two mission trips to Jamaica and they were probably two of the most memorable weeks of my life.
8. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and waffles are my favorite food.
9. My favorite outfit when I was younger was a dress, cowboy boots and an inner-tube.
10. I live in a town with less than 1,000 people, and five of them go to UVa.
11. My great-grandmother and I have the same birthday.
12. After watching the Muppets I renamed my grandma Nanny, even though my sister had been calling her grandma for 12 years. Everyone still calls her Nanny.
13. Every person in my fifth grade class, which was about 60 people, cried at our elementary school graduation except me.
14. I sang the national anthem in the chorus at the Orioles game and at the lighting of the National Christmas tree.
15. When we moved into our new house we didn’t have cable so we didn’t watch TV for three years.
16. I’ve never broken, sprained or dislocated anything.
17. My uncle was the assistant director of the FBI.
18. I make THE BEST homemade chocolate cake with Reese’s peanut butter icing.
19. Both my sisters and their babysitter suggested separately on the same day that I be named Karli.
20. I can do the worm backwards.
You can read past Diamond Details by clicking here