Diamond Details: Alexandra Rodriguez
First year members of the Virginia softball team will be revealing 20 random facts about themselves to VirginiaSports.com this week as the Cavaliers gear up for the 2011 season-opening tournament next weekend (Feb. 12-13) in Buies Creek, N.C. Last but not least is Alexandra Rodriguez, who hails from Fishkill, N.Y.
1. I have a “large” sized West Highland White Terrier named Sammy.
2. I hung on my dad’s leg all of the way into school on the first day of kindergarten.
3. My nickname is A-Rod.
4. I used to eat entire jars of pickles when I was little.
5. New York City is my jam.
6. “Got To Be Real” by Mary J. Blige is my favorite song.
7. I would be a distance runner if I didn’t play softball.
8. I want to be a television broadcaster or editor-in-chief of a magazine when I grow up.
9. I have had the same best friend since I was 5.
10. My best friend, Haile, lives in New York now also and sings and models.
11. If I could be any animal, I would be a horse.
12. Whenever I saw horses, I would neigh at them out of the car window.
13. My brother Blake is the most fun person to hang with when I’m in a bad mood.
14. I’ve been known to clean up my roommate’s side of the room.
15. Nothing beats a day in NYC with my mom.
16. My newfound nickname from the team is Lance. I ride my bike everywhere.
17. I always ask for extra lemons for my water.
18. My guilty pleasures are Chick-fil-a and shopping.
19. I love being outdoors.
20. I have recently discovered that I am actually quite the homebody.
You can read past Diamond Details by clicking here