Virginia Postgame Notes
Virginia at Miami
Oct. 27, 2011
Virginia Game Notes
- Virginia held Miami scoreless in the first quarter. UVa has now held 7-of-8 opponents in 2011 scoreless in the first quarter. Only Southern Miss managed one TD, serving the only points yielded against UVa in the first frame.
- Virginia’s record went to 5-3 overall, 2-2 in the ACC, 2-1 on the road and 4-5 all-time against Miami.
- UVa wins its second all-time game in the state of Florida and first inside of Sun Life Stadium.
- UVa is now 2-2 at Miami.
- Darius Jennings’ 53-yard touchdown reception was the first score of his career.
- The reception was also the longest reception of Jennings’ career.
- The 78-yard TD pass by Michael Rocco to Perry Jones in the fourth quarter was the longest completion and TD pass of his career.
- Perry Jones’ 78-yard TD reception was the longest reception of his career.
- Jake Snyder’s sack and fumble recovery in the second quarter were both the first of his career.
- Perry Jones’ 37-yard TD pass was the first pass attempt, completion and TD toss of his career.
- Tim Smith’s 37-yard TD reception gives the redshirt sophomore touchdown receptions in each of the last three games from three different passers. Against Georgia Tech he had a 37-yard receptions from Michael Rocco. Against NC State he had a 60-yard reception from David Watford and now a 37-yard reception from Perry Jones.
- Perry Jones’ option pass for a TD was the first scoring option play for UVa since Vic Hall’s 5-yard pass to Joe Torchia at Clemson in 2009.
- Jones’ 37-yard rush in the third quarter was his longest of the season.
- Jacob Hodges’ 20-yard scamper on a fake 46-yard field goal attempt in the second quarter was his first career rush.
- With 226 yards passing, Michael Rocco has now passed for at least 200 yards for the third time this season and in his career. He becomes the 19th quarterback in program history to record at least three 200-yard passing games.