No. 3 Tennessee at Virginia Postgame Notes
Virginia vs. Tennessee
November 20, 2011
• Virginia is off to a 4-0 start for the first time since the 1997-98 season when the team opened with six-consecutive wins.
• Virginia improved to 3-13 all-time vs. Tennessee (1-2 all-time in Charlottesville).
• The senior class of Ariana Moorer and Chelsea Shine have been part of two Virginia upsets of Tennessee when the Lady Vols are ranked in the top five. Virginia beat then-No. 5 Tennessee, 83-82, in Knoville in 2008.
• Prior to today’s win, Virginia’s last win over a top-three team was at No. 3 NC State on Jan. 17, 2000. Virginia was unranked and won, 80-73.
• Virginia head coach Joanne Boyle improved to 4-0 as UVa head coach, 208-93 for her career and 1-0 against Tennessee.
• Virginia was out-rebounded, 45-38, marking the first time the Cavaliers have been out-rebounded this season.
• Virginia forced 24 Lady Vol turnovers and scored 27 points off of those turnovers.