Oklahoma Postgame Notes - Game 5 vs Virginia - NCAA Regional
2012 NCAA Division I Baseball Regional – Game 5
Virginia (39-19-1) vs. Oklahoma (40-23)
Davenport Field | Charlottesville, Va. | June 3, 2012 | 7:30 p.m.
Oklahoma Post-Game Notes
• Oklahoma is making its 35th all-time appearance in the NCAA Tournament. The Sooners are 77-68 all-time in NCAA Tournament action and are 18-15 in NCAA action under head coach Sunny Golloway.
• The OU win was Golloway’s 200th career win as the head coach of the Sooners.
• Matt Oberste’s solo home run in the second inning is his sixth of the year and the first round tripper hit by any of the four teams in the Charlottesville Regional.
• The 11 strikeouts by OU starting pitcher Dillon Overton were a career high. His previous best was eight, which he had done on three different occasions.
• Caleb Bushyhead added one hit to extend his personal hit streak to six games.
• OU won two games on Sunday, despite only going 9-of-58 (.155). Of those nine hits, six were singles and of the other three recorded included a double, triple and home run.
• Of the seven runs Oklahoma scored in the two Sunday wins, four of them were unearned.
• Oklahoma is now 14-11 in 2012 in one-run games.
• Oklahoma was 20-of-56 (.357) in advancing the runner opportunities thus far in the NCAA Tournament.
• The Sooners are 5-of-40 (.125) with runners on base for the NCAA Tournament.
• The Sooners are 4-of-25 (.160) with runners in scoring position for the NCAA Tournament.
• Oklahoma pitching limited Army and UVa hitters to 15-of-67 (.223) hitting in the two wins on Sunday.