Virginia vs. No. 2 Miami - Postgame Notes
Feb. 19, 2013
#2/2 Miami 54, Virginia 50
- Virginia (18-8, 8-5 ACC) is now 5-10 all-time vs. Miami.
- The Cavaliers are 0-6 vs. Miami in Coral Gables.
- Virginia is winless in its last 16 games in the state of Florida.
- The Cavaliers’ last win in the Sunshine State was a 69-66 win at Florida State on Feb. 17, 2001.
- Virginia is 1-1 vs. ranked opponents this season.
- The Cavaliers are now 6-13 vs. ranked opponents and 0-4 vs. top five opponents during the Tony Bennett era.
- Virginia has held its ACC opponents under 60 points in 10 of 13 games.
- Joe Harris (16 points) led UVA in scoring for the 18th time.
- Harris’ 20-point consecutive game streak ended at four.
- Harris has made at least one 3-pointer in 16 consecutive games.
- Akil Mitchell led Virginia in rebounding (8) for the 19th time.
- Mitchell was held to a season-low six points.
- Justin Anderson tied a season high with three blocked shots.
- Jontel Evans had a game-high seven assists.
- Mike Tobey missed his fifth consecutive game with mononucleosis.