Fun Facts: Sarah Imovbioh
Sarah Imovbioh led the ACC during the 2013- 14 season in offensive rebounds, was ranked sixth in rebounds per game, and ranked eight in field goal percentage. in her final game last season, she scored a career-high 27 points against Georgia Tech, logging her 10th double-double of the year by adding 10 rebounds. During the previous season, she led the ACC in field goal percentage. Though her hometown is Abuja, Nigeria, Sarah has been living in the United States since her sophomore year of high school, earning Parade High School All-America honors at St. Anne’s-Belfield in Charlottesville.
Other Fun Facts about Sarah:
– She loves basketball because, “it makes me feel alive.”
– The most memorable class she has ever taken at UVa was African American Studies: Blacks in the Media with Professor Lisa Shutt.
– Her favorite food is rice and stew with plantains and goat meat.
– The thing she misses most about being a kid is, “eating dinner with every member of my family.”
– She once met Lady Gaga
– Her talent off the court is that she is a really good cook
– After college she wants to work in the embassy
– Her middle name, Itohan, means “mercy”
– If she was an animal she would be a tigress
– A song that makes her want to dance is ‘Cheers’ by Rihanna
– She will graduate in May with her Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, but hopes to be back on the court next season while attending Virginia as a grad student