Virginia Game Notes
Nov. 14, 2014
- The Cavaliers are now 10-0 all-time against James Madison.
- Virginia improved to 16-1 in its last 17 season-opening games.
- The Cavaliers are 5-1 in season-openers during the Tony Bennett era.
- UVa started 10-11 from the floor and finished at 69.2 percent (18-26) in the first half.
- UVa enjoyed a 36-8 advantage in points in the paint.
- The Cavaliers opened the season against a Colonial Athletic Association opponent for the third straight season.
- Guard London Perrantes and forward Evan Nolte missed the game due to violation of team rules in the summer.
- Justin Anderson had a game-high 18 points, including 4-5 from 3-point range, and six rebounds.
- Anthony Gill added 15 points and six rebounds.
- Malcolm Brogdon had 14 points and a team-high four assists.
- Darion Atkins had a game-high 10 rebounds.
- Devon Hall started and had five points and five steals in his collegiate debut.
- Isaiah Wilkins had eight points, five rebounds, three assists, two steals and two blocked shots in his collegiate debut.
- Marial Shayok (6 points) and B.J. Stith (2 steals) also made their collegiate debuts.