Fun Facts: Debra Ferguson
Sept. 23, 2015
Debra Ferguson was a two-time First-Team All-Conference 23 honoree at Amherst County High School. As a team captain her senior season, Ferguson averaged 13.9 points, 8.6 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game. She earned First-Team All-Seminole District honors after twice being named to the second team. Her AAU team, the NC Spartans, won the 2014 AAU National Championship in Orlando, Fla.
Other Fun Facts about Debra:
– She loves UVa because it is the best of both worlds. “It is a great academic university and a great basketball team with a family atmosphere.”
– She loves basketball because it is an escape from everyday life and considers the court her safe haven.
– Her hidden talent is that she has a great British accent.
– Two things she considers herself very good at are singing and cooking.
– Two things she considers herself very bad at are doing laundry and playing hangman.
– A family member she is really proud of is her brother. “He played college basketball and won a national championship and now he has a beautiful daughter and he takes care of his family.”
– The craziest thing she has ever done is zip-lined.
– Her dream job is to be a physical therapist and work with athletes in the NBA/WNBA.
– If she were going to be a vegetable she would be broccoli.
– Her favorite cookie is oatmeal raisin.
– Her thoughts on Coach Boyle: “She is a humble coach and great mother.”
The Virginia Cavaliers open the 2015-16 season on Friday, Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee in Murfressboro, Tenn. Season ticket packages are still available. Click Here for ticket information.