Postgame Notes - Virginia vs. Miami
Nov. 7, 2015
Virginia at Miami
Nov. 7, 2015
Virginia Game Notes
- UVA is 6-7 all-time against Miami.
- UVA is 2-4 all-time on the road against the Hurricanes
- UVA recorded a safety in the second quarter, its first since the 2013 opener against BYU.
- TB Taquan Mizzell finished the game with eight catches, giving the junior a reception in 30 straight games.
- With 40 receiving yards, Mizzell leaps to No. 5 all-time in ACC history for receiving yards in a season by a running back with 539. Mizzell passed Clemson’s C.J. Spiller (503 – 2009), UVA’s Perry Jones (506 – 2011) and UVA’s Alvin Pearman (518 – 2003).
- Mizzell’s eight receptions against Miami gives the junior 54 for the season, placing him No. 6 in ACC history for receptions in a season by a running back.
- Mizzell’s eight receptions gives the junior 122 career receptions, tying the junior for No. 8 all-time at UVA with Germane Crowell (1994-97).
- Mizzell’s 91 rushing yards makes the junior the 42nd Cavalier to pass the 1,000-yard rushing mark for a career. Mizzell now has 1,001 career rushing yards.
- WR Canaan Severin finished the game with five catches, giving the senior a reception in 21 straight games.
- PK Ian Frye was 4-of-4 on field goal attempts, giving the senior sole possession of fourth place on UVA’s career field goals list with 42. Frye entered the day sharing the spot with Wayne Morrison (1979-82).
- Frye’s 48-yard field goal in the second quarter was season long.
- Frye’s 13 points against the Hurricanes gives the senior 197 career points. Frye is now No. 11 all-time at UVA in points.
- CB Darious Latimore recorded his first career interception in the second quarter. It is UVA’s second interception of the season.
- With five tackles, FS Quin Blanding now has 203 for his career in 21 career games.
- WR Olamide Zaccheaus scored his first career touchdown on a three-yard rush in the third quarter. He bcomes the 15th different Cavalier to score a touchdown this season, which is the second most in the ACC. Georgia Tech leads the league with 17.
- With 280 passing yards, QB Matt Johns now has 3,144 career passing yards, placing the junior No. 14 all-time at UVA.
- Johns finished the game with a career-high 29 completions.
- DE Trent Corney finished with a career-high seven tackles.