Fun Facts: J'Kyra Brown
Nov. 11, 2015
J’Kyra Brown will make her debut for the Cavaliers this season after transferring from East Carolina. Brown averaged 5.9 points per game and earned Conference USA Freshman of the Week honors twice. She scored a season-high 29 points against Louisiana Tech, going 11-for-14 from the field and 6-of-8 from three-point range. Brown averaged 25.5 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.4 steals, 2.4 assists and 1.2 blocks per game in high school.
Other Fun Facts about J’Kyra:
– On game day: “I always eat a good meal, get a nap, listen to music and maybe put up a couple of shots before game time.”
– Craziest thing she has ever done was “When I was younger and did back flips everyday out of a swing.”
– Favorite activity on vacation is to shop.
– Dream job is to play basketball professionally or be an FBI agent.
– Favorite ride at the amusement park is Drop Zone.
– If she were a vegetable, she would be broccoli.
– Favorite color is green because it makes her feel relaxed and laid back.
– Favorite family memory: “Every year my family and I would travel to an amusement park or to the beach and we would all be matching.”
– Has a Chihuahua named Prince.
– Favorite cookie is chocolate chip.
– If she could start her own restaurant it would be a soul food restaurant called ‘The Brown’s Soul Food.”
– Thoughts on coach Boyle: “She is a great coach. I’m thankful for her believing in me and giving me this great opportunity to play here at the University of Virginia.”
The Virginia Cavaliers open the 2015-16 season on Friday, Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Tenn. before hosting Norfolk State on Monday, Nov. 16 in the home opener. Season ticket packages are still available. Click Here for ticket information.