Nov. 16, 2015
Recap | Final Stats | USATSI Photo Gallery
- Virginia is 26-24 all-time against George Washington and 116-80 against current members of the Atlantic 10.
- Playing George Washington in Washington, D.C., for the first time since 1983, the Cavaliers had their seven-game win streak against GW broken.
- Virginia had its 15-game non-conference regular-season winning streak snapped. UVA’s last non-conference was an 87-52 setback at Tennessee on Dec. 30, 2013.
- Virginia was 1-for-9 from 3-point range in the first half, and 4-for-11 in the second half.
- UVA allowed more than 70 points in two games last season.
- 59 of UVA’s 68 points came from its starters.
- Malcolm Brogdon scored a career-high 28 points and moved past Paul Adkins (1958-60, 1,150), Olden Polynice (1984-86, 1,151) and Chip Conner (1962-64, 1,157) into 36th place on the all-time Virginia scoring list with 1,167 points.
- Brogdon broke the 20-point barrier for the sixth time in his career. His previous career high was 25 points against North Carolina in the 2014 ACC Tournament.
- Brogdon scored 11 straight points for UVA late in the second half and tallied 11 of UVA’s last 13 points.
- Brogdon matched a career high by playing 38 minutes (seventh time in his career).
- Anthony Gill (11 pts) scored in double figures for the 39th time in his UVa career.
- Mike Tobey (10 pts) scored in double figures for the 32nd time in his career. All 10 of his points came in the first half.
- Jack Salt recorded his first career block and played four minutes in his first road game.