Virginia Game Notes vs. Ohio State
Dec. 1, 2015
- Virginia (6-1) improved to 10-6 in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge
- The Cavaliers posted their fourth consecutive road win in the Challenge
- UVA improved to 2-3 all-time vs. Ohio State
- UVA had a season-low 26 points at halftime
- London Perrantes missed the game after having an appendectomy on Sunday (Nov. 29). Perrantes’ status for Saturday’s game vs. William & Mary is to be determined.
- Malcolm Brogdon (22 points) moved up three slots into 28th place on the all-time UVA scoring ledger with 1,256 points; he passed Billy Langloh (1974-77, 1,240 points), Tom Sheehey (1984-87, 1,241 points) and Marc Iavaroni (1975-78, 1,244 points).
- Brogdon had a career-high six 3-pointers and his third straight 20-point game
- Darius Thompson started in place of Perrantes and matched a season high with 12 points and UVA-best five assists
- Thompson has scored in double figures in three games this season
- Anthony Gill reached doubles figures for the seventh straight game