Virginia Game Notes vs. William & Mary
Dec. 5, 2015
- Virginia improved to 54-26 all-time vs. William & Mary and 93-30 against schools currently hailing from the Colonial Athletic Association
- Virginia did not trail in the game.
- UVA is 126-36 in 10 seasons at John Paul Jones Arena, including 88-20 under Tony Bennett
- William & Mary’s 22 points in the first half marked the fewest allowed by Virginia in any half this season (previous was 23 by Morgan State and Long Beach State, each in the first half)
- William & Mary committed a season-high 19 turnovers, leading to 22 UVA points.
- Virginia matched a season low with six turnovers (George Mason).
- UVA was outrebounded for the second time this season (George Washington).
- UVA had 15 steals for the first time since 16 vs. NC State on Feb. 24, 2008.
- Malcolm Brogdon (16 points) moved up into 27th place on the all-time UVA scoring ledger with 1,277 points. He moved past Tony Laquintano (1960-62, 1,263 points).
- Brogdon has hit double figures in seven straight games.
- Isaiah Wilkins matched a career best with eight points, tying his output from his first college game at James Madison (11/14/14). He also recorded a career-best four steals; his previous high was two, also set in the JMU contest.
- Darius Thompson matched his UVA high with a dozen points; he has scored 12 points in each of his last three games.
- Devon Hall played a career-high 25 minutes and pulled down a career-best six rebounds. He added two blocks and two steals.
- Anthony Gill matched a season high with 16 points and reached double figures in scoring for the eighth straight game this year.