Fun Facts: Faith Randolph
Dec. 16, 2015
Faith Randolph earned Second Team All-ACC honors as a junior after ranking sixth in the ACC in scoring average (16.4) and 12th in field goal shooting percentage (39.9). Randolph led the ACC and ranked seventh in the nation in free throw percentage (90.7), becoming just the fifth player in ACC history to win the free throw crown while shooting over 90 percent from the stripe. She also became the 31st member of the UVA’s 1,000-point club against Miami and has 1,139 points in her career.
Other Fun Facts about Faith:
– Loves UVA because: “It gives you so much opportunity to learn and grow.”
– Loves basketball because: “It is an awesome game that I’ve fallen in love with since I was a little girl.”
– Two things she considers herself good at are keeping things clean and getting work done.
– Two things she considers herself bad at are staying up late and keeping up with social media.
– Favorite thing to do on vacation is sleep and hang out with family.
– Craziest thing she has ever done is go to Poland over the summer to play basketball.
– Dream job would be something that empowers women.
– Characteristic she values most in teammates is their laughter.
– Has one pet: “I have a dog named Nike. My absolute best friend.”
– If she were a candy bar she would be a snickers. “Because it’s the best.”
– Favorite cookie is a good homemade M&M chocolate chip cookie.
– Thoughts on coach Boyle: “She is very sincere and has an unlimited amount of wisdom.”
The Virginia Cavaliers host Charleston Southern on Friday (Dec. 18) at 7 p.m. in John Paul Jones Arena.