Virginia Postgame Notes
UConn 13, UVA 10
Virginia at UConn
Saturday, Sept. 17, 2016
- UVA is now 1-2 all-time against UConn.
- UVA is now 0-2 all-time at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Conn.
- Virginia’s 90-yard touchdown drive in the second quarter was the program’s longest since going for a 90-yard touchdown drive in 2015 against Virginia Tech in the season finale.
- Virginia’s interception in the third quarter was the first forced turnover of the season by the Cavaliers.
- Virginia First Time Starters: Offense: Hasise Dubois (WR)**
- Collegiate debuts: Alex Furbank (PK)
** – denotes true freshman
- The 23-yard field goal by PK Alex Furbank in the first quarter came on the first-ever football play of his life. Furbank never played football before walking on to UVA’s team this season. He is a former soccer player who was on the roster last year at DIII Randolph-Macon, but didn’t appear in any games last season.
- With six receptions against the Huskies, TB Taquan Mizzell extended his receptions streak to 36 games, which is third longest in the nation and longest by a running back.
- Mizzell now has 155 career receptions, which ranks No. 3 all-time in the UVA record book.
- Mizzell now has 1,231 career receiving yards, which places him No. 22 all-time in the UVA record books.
- Mizzell’s 66 rushing yards pushes him up to 1,256 career rushing yards, placing him No. 35 all-time in the UVA record book.
- CB Juan Thornhill recorded his first career interception in the third quarter. He came up with the ball in the end zone, killing a prolonged UConn drive.
- WR Olamide Zaccheaus registered a career-high six receptions.