UVA Launches Fan Vote for Countdown to First Pitch Promotion
Feb. 1, 2017
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Virginia Baseball opens the 2017 season on Friday, Feb. 17 in Charleston and will play its home opener on Tuesday, Feb. 21 against VMI. Fans now have the opportunity to vote for the All-Time Virginia Baseball Team. The All-Time Team will be announced during the season and there will be a commemorative poster giveaway featuring the All-Time Team at Virginia’s game against Notre Dame on Sunday, April 23.
Virginia Athletics will be giving away one prize per day from Wednesday, February 1 through Tuesday, February 21 as part of the Countdown to First Pitch promotion. Prizes include 2017 season tickets, autographed memorabilia and VIP experiences at Davenport Field.
Any fan who has purchased or will purchase a current season, mini package or single-game Virginia baseball ticket before the end of the promotion will be automatically entered to win one of the daily prizes. Another method of entering the contest is to vote for the All-Time Virginia Baseball Team. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. ET to be eligible to win the prize awarded the following day. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win.
There is a limit of one entry per participant for the duration of the Countdown to First Pitch promotion. Prize winners are responsible for any taxes and fees and all transportation, accommodation and other expenses associated with claiming any prize unless explicitly noted.
Prize winners will be announced on this page throughout the duration of the contest, as well as on the official Twitter account of Virginia Baseball (@UVABaseball).
Two Easy Ways to Enter:
Click HERE to purchase 2017 Virginia Baseball Tickets
Click HERE to Vote for the All-Time Virginia Baseball Team
A list of players on the ballot as well as their accolades can be found HERE .
February 1: 10-Game Mini Package of Your Choice (WINNER: William L. Bowman)
February 2: Two Clubhouse Tickets for Mutually Agreeable 2017 Home Game (WINNER: Richard Harris)
February 3: Replica of 2015 Super Regional Lineup Card Signed by Brian O’Connor (WINNER: Carroll Chisholm)
February 4: First Pitch Opportunity at Mutually Agreeable 2017 Home Game (WINNER: Justin Markey)
February 5: Virginia Athletics Nike Prize Pack (WINNER: Travis Wells)
February 6: Official Baseball Signed by 2017 Virginia Baseball Team (WINNER: Mike Fish)
February 7: Official Wooden Bat Signed by 2017 Virginia Baseball Team (WINNER: Lindsey Blohm)
February 8: Official Jersey Signed by 2017 Virginia Baseball Team (WINNER: Lori Marshall)
February 9: $100 to Spend at Davenport Field Cavalier Team Shop (WINNER: Tiffany Farrington)
February 10: Replica of 2015 College World Series Game 3 Lineup Card Signed by Brian O’Connor (WINNER: Andrew Moltz)
February 11: Authentic Virginia Baseball Cap Signed by Brian O’Connor (WINNER: Corey Miller)
February 12: VIP Experience at Mutually Agreeable 2017 Home Game (WINNER: James Hazelwood, Jr.)
February 13: Framed 2009/2011 Road to Omaha Photo Collage (WINNER: Stephen Ross)
February 14: 2015 National Championship Logo Baseball Signed by Brian O’Connor (WINNER: Deisy Brangman)
February 15: Jarrett Parker Autographed Baseball (WINNER: Terence Lyster)
February 16: Tyler Wilson Autographed Baseball (WINNER: Patrick Donlon)
February 17: Ryan Zimmerman Autographed Baseball
February 18: Brandon Guyer Autographed Tampa Bay Rays Jersey
February 19: Sean Doolittle Autographed Virginia Baseball Jersey
February 20: Pair of 2017 Virginia Baseball Season Tickets
1. Acceptance of Terms. By submitting an entry, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules.
2. Duration of Promotion. Promotion valid in United States only. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Subject to any governmental approval that may be required, Virginia Athletics reserves the right to, without prior notice and at any time, terminate the Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify in any way, should any factor interfere with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Promotion will begin on February 1, 2017 and will continue until February 21, 2017. Virginia Athletics reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel the Promotion in its entirety for any reason, or immediately shut down the online portion, if it becomes technically corrupted or because of non-authorized human intervention.
3. Eligibility. Must be at least 18 years old to enter. No purchase necessary. Promotion is open only to legal residents of the Commonwealth of Virginia. A purchase does not enhance your chance of winning.
4. Effective date of entries. Entries made online will be effective on the day received. Entries submitted by mail will be effective on the date Virginia Athletics receives and processes the entry. All entries become the exclusive property of Virginia Athletics and will not be acknowledged or returned. You are responsible for your costs of entering, including online access charges, long distance telephone charges, and postage.
5. Selection of winners. Winners will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received. On each day from February 1, 2017 through February 20, 2017, Virginia Athletics shall randomly select one (1) entry to receive a prize. Eligible Entrants selected to win a prize (each a “Winner”) shall not be eligible for drawings for subsequent prizes. Entries not selected will remain eligible for subsequent drawings through the end of the Promotion Entry Period. Winners must agree to the use of their names, voices, and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Notification of winners. Promotion winners will be notified by email. If not by email then by phone or mail, if applicable. An email will be sent to the winner within one week after the drawing. All decisions are final and binding. Should the email be returned to Virginia Athletics as invalid, two more attempts will be made via email and one by phone if applicable. Winners must contact Virginia Athletics within 5 calendar days from the date the notification is sent by Virginia Athletics to claim their prize. Failure to contact Virginia Athletics within that 5 day period will result in immediate disqualification of the selected entrant and a new winner will be selected. No exceptions will be made to this rule. Virginia Athletics is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. In order to receive the prize, each winner may be requested to complete and return certain documentation (such as, without limitation, an affidavit, prize claim form and/or a release which must be executed and returned to Virginia Athletics by mail or hand delivery no later than two (2) business days after the winner’s receipt of the same. If a winner does not timely deliver a requested affidavit, prize claim, or release, such winner shall be deemed to have forfeited his or her entry and an alternate winner shall be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
7. Prizes. Prizes are as listed in the Countdown to First Pitch Daily Prizes table. Exact prize details shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Virginia Athletics. The right to receive a prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. No cash redemption is permitted except at Virginia Athletics’ sole and absolute discretion. Virginia Athletics reserves the right to substitute any prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. All costs and expenses associated with the prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, food and beverages, game tickets, gratuities, fees and other expenses incurred by accepting and making use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the applicable winners. All federal, state, or local taxes and fees associated with each prize are each winner’s responsibility. A form 1099 may be issued based on the value of the prize as required by law. Each winner and/or such winner’s guest(s) (if applicable, based upon the Prize descriptions above) will receive admission to the applicable prize event, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Virginia Athletics. Virginia Athletics (i) does not make any warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Promotion or any prize (other than that all autographed items are genuine and original), and (ii) disclaims any and all express and implied warranties (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) relating to the Promotion and any prize. Except as stated herein, all prizes are awarded “AS IS.”
8. Odds of winning. The odds of winning any drawing will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
9. Disputes. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account.
10. Other conditions. The University of Virginia and the Commonwealth of Virginia, and their respective agents and representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors are not responsible for and will not be liable for (I) late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, unintelligible entries; (II) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (III) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (IV) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Virginia Athletics that may cause Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (V) any injuries losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Promotion, or from participation in the Promotion; or (VI) any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the Promotion.
11. Release; Publicity Release. By participating in the promotion and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Virginia, the University of Virginia, their employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Each winner, by acceptance of a Prize, grants to Virginia Athletics the right to publicize such winner’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
12. Choice of law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Virginia Athletics in connection with the Promotion, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. 13. Sponsor. The sponsor of this Promotion is the University of Virginia (Attn: Sports Promotion and Marketing, P.O. Box 400854, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904-4854).
14. Winners List. For the list of Winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winner’s Name Countdown to First Pitch Promotion, Sports Promotion and Marketing, P.O. Box 400854, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904-4854. All requests must be received by February 28, 2017.