Postgame Notes - Louisville Game
Nov. 11, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
Louisville 38, Virginia 21
Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017
Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium
– Virginia is now 2-4 all-time against Louisville
– Virginia is now 0-3 all-time in Louisville
– Virginia scored a touchdown on its opening drive of the game for only the second time this season. UVA also scored a game-opening touchdown against Indiana.
– UVA has scored on its game-opening drive for the second week in a row. The Cavaliers opened the Georgia Tech game with a field goal.
– TB Lamont Atkins made his first collegiate start.
– With Olamide Zaccheaus extended his reception streak to 26 games.
– The four catches by Zaccheaus gives him 70 for the season, tying Heath Miller for No. 3 on the UVA single-season reception list.
– Zaccheaus now has 1,527 career receiving yards, which now ranks No. 14 all-time at UVA.
– WR Andre Levrone tied a career high with six receptions
– QB Kurt Benkert became the sixth player in program history with 5,000 career passing yards.
– Benkert now has 5,044 career passing yards, placing him No. 6 all-time at UVA.
– With 214 yards passing, Benkert recorded his 14-career game of 200 or more passing yards, tying him for No. 3 all-time at UVA with Marc Verica.
– TB Chris Sharp‘s seven-yard touchdown run in the first quarter was his first career score.
– ILB Micah Kiser recovered his second fumble of the season in the first quarter.
– With nine tackles, Kiser moved passed Randy Neal (1991-94) for No. 9 all-time in career tackles. Kiser now has 372 career tackles.
– With nine tackles, Quin Blanding now has 454 career tackles, which ranks No. 1 all-time at UVA and No. 18 all-time in the ACC.
– LS Joe Spaziani recovered a fumble in the third quarter.