Nov. 24, 2017
|Virginia hosts Pitt|
|Pitt Date/Time||Saturday, November 25, 4 p.m.|
|Pitt Multimedia/Game Info||– ACC Network Extra|
|Location||Charlottesville, Va. | Memorial Gymnasium|
|Additional Information||Ticket Info | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia volleyball team (7-23, 3-16 ACC) will host Pitt (23-6, 16-2 ACC) on Saturday (Nov. 25) in the regular season finale at 4 p.m. in Memorial Gymnasium.
TRACK THE MATCH
The match will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra through ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Sophomore Chino Anukwuem (East Hanover, N.J.) led UVA with a career-high 15 kills in Wednesday’s match at Virginia Tech.
- Sophomore Jelena Novakovic (Belgrade, Serbia) returned to the lineup with 12 kills.
- Freshman setter Megan Wilson (Brookeville, Md.) finished with a double-double, dishing out 46 assists with 10 digs.
- Freshman Alex Spencer (North Canton, Ohio) had her fourth-straight match with double-digit kills, putting down 11.
Pittsburgh has won seven straight matches, most recently sweeping Clemson and Georgia Tech. The Panthers lead the ACC in hitting percentage (.273) and kills (14.36 per set). Nika Markovic is fourth in the league with 3.86 kills per set and second in points per set (4.69). Angela Seman paces the team with 3.59 digs per set and Layne Van Buskiri has a team-high 95 blocks.
Pitt won the first meeting this season 3-0 on Sept. 29 in Pittsburgh. Virginia trails in the all-time series 10-3.
Game-day parking for volleyball matches is available free of charge at the Culbreth Road Garage, located behind Carr’s Hill Field. Limited parking is available at the Central Grounds Garage (hourly rates apply).
Virginia athletics has updated its bag policies to mirror those already in place for Scott Stadium. At Klöckner Stadium, Turf Field and Memorial Gymnasium the following procedures have been put into effect.
All guests are subject to inspection and search for prohibited items. Event staff will examine the contents of bags, jackets, pockets, or any other personal item before admitting guests to the facility. In order to expedite entrance into the facility, it is recommended that guests not bring bags to events and arrive early at the facility entrances.
- Artificial noisemakers^ – see exception below for men’s and women’s soccer games at Klöckner Stadium
- Balls, Frisbees, lacrosse sticks, and similar items
- Containers (including plastic or glass bottles, cans, coolers, or flasks)
- Food and beverages
- Strollers (except umbrella strollers) – prohibited at Scott Stadium only
- Umbrellas – prohibited at Scott Stadium only
^For men’s and women’s soccer matches only, artificial noisemakers are allowed; however air horns, whistles, bullhorns or devices that amplify electric sound, including battery-operated devices, are prohibited.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to prohibit any item deemed hazardous or disruptive to the athletics event or the enjoyment of the event by other guests.
The above procedures are designed to provide a safe and positive experience for all fans in attendance at Virginia athletics events.