Feb. 27, 2018
|No. 9 Virginia hosts William & Mary|
|Date/Time||Wednesday, February 28, 5 p.m.|
|Multimedia/Game Info||– ACC Network Extra|
|Location||Charlottesville, Va. | Klöckner Stadium|
|Additional Information||Ticket Info | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (3-0) begins its three-game home stand by hosting William & Mary (2-1) on Wednesday (Feb. 28) at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. Links for the video stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Virginia is 3-0 to start the season, marking its best start since 2012.
- The Cavaliers are coming off a 14-10 win at then-No. 9 Princeton, the first time UVA has won at Princeton since 2010.
- Senior Kasey Behr (Northport, N.Y.) leads UVA with 10 goals this season.
- Virginia is averaging 15.33 goals per game, while allowing just 7.00 goals against.
- Three players have scored hat tricks in each game this season.
- UVA is leading the ACC in save percentage (.563).
A LOOK AT WILLIAM & MARY
William & Mary has won back-to-back games, topping Longwood, 15-9, and Davidson, 12-9. William & Mary is averaging 11.33 goals per game, with opponents averaging 12.00. Maddie Torgerson leads the Tribe with eight goals. Annelise Kotz has a team-high 11 draw controls. Goalkeeper Elsa Rall has 14 saves, with a 10.05 goals against average.
Fans may purchase tickets online at VirginiaSports.com or through the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall at Scott Stadium. The ticket office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. for in-person or telephone purchases. Telephone purchases can be made by calling 1-800-542-UVA1 (8821) or locally at 434-924-UVA1 (8821).
Virginia hosts No. 5 Syracuse on Sunday, March 4 at Noon at Klöckner Stadium. It will be the ACC opener for both teams.