March 23, 2018
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (6-2, 2-1 ACC) is on the road at No. 20 Duke (6-3, 1-1 ACC) on Saturday (March 24) for a 4 p.m. game at Koskinen Stadium in Durham, N.C.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. Links for the live stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Virginia is playing its sixth ranked opponent this season. The Cavaliers are 4-2 in those games.
- UVA is coming off a 17-10 win at then-No. 21 Notre Dame on Saturday. Five players scored hat tricks for UVA.
- Freshman Olivia Schildmeyer (Upper Arlington, Ohio) had a career-high with three goals in the win at Notre Dame.
- Senior Kasey Behr (Northport, N.Y.) is eight goals away from moving into the top 10 all-time in career goals, passing Debbie Easter who is 10th with 130.
- Junior Maggie Jackson (Alexandria, Va.) is now fourth all-time at UVA with 153 draw controls and Behr is tied for ninth with 119.
Duke has won three of its last four games, including a 21-7 win over Kennesaw State on Monday. The Blue Devils lead the ACC in assists per game (7.56) and draw controls per game (18.33), second in caused turnovers per game (9.44) and fourth in goals per game (15.22). Charlotte North is second in the nation with 38 goals and eighth with 43 points. Olivia Jenner is second in the country with 9.44 draw controls per game.
Virginia leads the all-time series 23-14 against Duke. The Cavaliers have a 7-5 edge in games played in Durham. UVA won the most recent meeting over the Blue Devils, 18-5, on March 25, 2017. Duke won the last meeting in Durham, 11-8, on March 26, 2016. The last time UVA won at Duke was on March 24, 2012 when the Cavaliers won 14-12.
Virginia will return home to host Canisius on Wednesday, March 28 at 5 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium. The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra.