April 30, 2018
|Virginia at Liberty|
|Date/Time||Tuesday, May 1 | 4 p.m. & 6 p.m.|
|Live Video||Game 1 | Game 2|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Virginia (12-39) softball wraps up the 2018 season with a Tuesday (May 1) doubleheader at Liberty (39-12). First pitch in game one is set for 4 p.m. in Lynchburg.
Both games of Tuesday’s doubleheader are set to be broadcast on the Big South Network and ESPN3.
- Virginia’s trek to Liberty for Tuesday’s doubleheader marks the end of the 2018 season for the Cavaliers.
- The Cavaliers are coming off a sweep at the hands of Duke in the final ACC series and are mired in a 12-game slump.
- The 2018 Cavaliers have now homered 51 times on the season, the third highest mark in program history. They need four more to match the all-time record set in 2015.
- Allison Davis (Oak Hill, Va.) tagged her team-leading 11th home run of the season on Wednesday. The 11 homers are the most since Nicole Koren in 2010.
- Virginia and Liberty are meeting for the 69th and 70th times in Tuesday’s twin bill.
- The Cavaliers and Flames are meeting for the 11th consecutive season.
- The Cavaliers hold a 46-22 edge in the all-time series against the Flames.
- The two programs have met twice in every season since 2008. Over that span, Virginia leads the series 11-7.
- Liberty swept the season series a year ago, winning 4-0 and 3-0.
- The Cavaliers are 15-10 all-time against the Flames in Lynchburg. Virginia’s last victory in Lynchburg came in a 4-2 decision in 2015.
NOTING THE HOOS
- Kate Covington (McLean, Va.) picked up her 10th RBI of the season over the weekend. She’s one of seven Cavaliers with double-digit RBI on the year.
- Allison Davis and Olivia Gott (Weston, Fla.) both have double-digit home runs on the season. They are the first teammates to have 10 or more homers in the same season since 2010.
- Danni Ingraham (Laguna Niguel, Calif.) has nine home runs on the year. A homer for her Tuesday would give the Cavaliers three players with 10 long balls in a season for the first time ever.
- The Flames enter Tuesday with a 39-12 mark on the season and have won nine-straight games.
- Liberty hits at .298 as a team, a mark that sits 38th in the country.
- The Flames have also proven proficient with the leather, fielding at a .975 clip to rank 14th nationally.
- Autumn Bishop leads the way with a .378 average and ranks 14th nationally with 21 doubles.
- In the circle, Julia DiMartino carries the brunt of the load with 37 appearances and 23 starts. She is 22-7 on the season with a 1.93 ERA.