May 12, 2018
|NCAA Second Round
Virginia vs. No. 3 seed JMU
|Date/Time||Sunday, May 13, Noon|
|Multimedia/Game Info||Live Stats – Live Video|
|Location||Harrisonburg, Va. | Sentara Park|
|Additional Information||Ticket Info | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 18 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (10-9) will play No. 3 seed James Madison (18-1) in the 2018 NCAA Tournament second round on Sunday (May 13) at noon at Sentara Park in Harrisonburg, Va.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
The game will be streamed live on Madizone HD Sportsnet. Links for live stats and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- UVA is now 36-27 all-time in the NCAA tournament and has advanced to the quarterfinals 11 times in school history, going 2-2 in second round games since the tournament expanded in 2013.
- Virginia advanced to the NCAA second round with a 12-3 win over Stanford on Friday.
- The Cavaliers took a 5-0 lead while holding the Cardinal scoreless for the first 32 minutes of the game.
- Senior goalkeeper Rachel Vander Kolk (Severna Park, Md.) had a season-high 14 saves as the defense held Stanford to just three goals, 12 goals under its season average entering the game.
- Junior Maggie Jackson (Alexandria, Va.) scored five points with four assists and one goal, having a part in each of UVA’s first four goals of the game.
James Madison earned the No. 3 national seed for the 2018 NCAA tournament. The Dukes won the Colonial Athletic Association championship with a 16-10 win over Towson. JMU had 10 players earn All-CAA honors. Kristen Guadian leads the team with 82 points on 67 goals and 15 assists to be named a Tewaaraton Award finalist. JMU is averaging 16.05 goals per game, while allowing 8.74 goals against. Haley Warden leads the team with 87 draws, 46 ground balls and 40 caused turnovers.
This will be the third meeting for the two teams in the NCAA tournament. UVA is 0-2 in those games, with a 12-5 loss in 2000 and an 11-8 loss in 2001. Virginia is 33-13-1 all-time against JMU, falling 15-10 in the regular-season meeting on April 18 in Charlottesville. The Cavaliers are 16-4-1 in games played in Harrisonburg.
Tickets are $5 per game and seating is general admission at Sentara Park. They can be purchased online at JMUTickets.com on the phone at 540-568-3853 or at the entrances nearest the U4 and U5 lots on game day.
The winner of Sunday’s game will advance to the NCAA Quarterfinals to face the winner of Florida/Colorado.