CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Virginia (7-15, 3-9 ACC) closes out a four-match road trip by traveling to Clemson (13-12, 4-8 ACC) on Friday (Nov. 2) and Georgia Tech (15-10, 4-8 ACC) on Sunday (Nov. 4).
Both matches represent the first of two meetings this season with the Tigers and Yellow Jackets. Clemson makes the return trip to Charlottesville on Saturday, Nov. 10, while Georgia Tech will visit Memorial Gymnasium on Friday, Nov. 16.
Both matches will air on ACC Network Extra, which is available to authenticated subscribers of ESPN3 through WatchESPN and the ESPN app. Fans can also get in-game updates on the match’s live stats feed on VirginiaSports.com and on volleyball’s official twitter feed (@UVAVolleyball).
VIRGINIA VS. CLEMSON
• Virginia and Clemson meet for the 62nd time on Friday night with the Tigers holding a 39-22 edge in the series.
• The Cavaliers have won each of the last seven meetings in the series, dating to 2013.
• Virginia has captured 3-1 victories in each of its past two trips to Clemson and has won three-straight on the road in the series.
VIRGINIA VS. GEORGIA TECH
• Sunday’s match marks the 58th all-time tilt between the Cavaliers and Yellow Jackets. Georgia Tech holds a 25-22 lead in the series.
• The Hoos earned a 3-1 victory in the 2017 meeting in Charlottesville.
• Virginia has won five of the past seven in the series.
LAST TIME OUT
• Virginia split a pair of ACC contests last weekend, rebounding from a loss at Duke to sweep Wake Forest on Sunday.
• The Cavaliers rode a stellar blocking effort, amassing 13 rejections to post the second-best total in a three-set match in program history during the rally-scoring era.
ANOTHER BIG BLOCK
• For the second time this season, Virginia produced a top-five single-match blocking mark.
• The Cavaliers held Wake Forest to .098 hitting thanks to a whopping 13 blocks in the sweep.
• The 13 blocks are the second most by a Virginia team in a three-set match in the rally-scoring era. The total is also the most in a three-set match since 2006.
CIPRIAN HISTORIC AGAIN
• Milla Ciprian (St. John’s, Fla.) also etched her name into the record book for a second time in her freshman season.
• The rookie’s 10 blocks against the Demon Deacons are the most ever by a freshman in a three-setter at Virginia.
• The 10 blocks in the sweep are also the second most overall in Virginia history and rank eighth in the country this season.
• Ciprian is now up to 76 total blocks to lead the Cavaliers. She needs seven blocks to enter the top 10 all-time for freshmen at Virginia.
• Ciprian’s 70 block assists are already tied for ninth in program history by a freshman.
• At 1.36, Ciprian is on pace to set the freshman record for blocks/set.
Virginia returns to Memorial Gymnasium for the final homestand of the season, hosting Virginia Tech (Nov. 9), Clemson (Nov. 10) and Georgia Tech (Nov. 16).