CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.- The Virginia men’s and women’s squash teams will conclude the regular season this weekend hosting the Virginia Home Round Robin at the McArthur Squash Center.
The No. 9 Cavalier men (14-5) will play Bucknell (6-4) and Boston College (5-4) on Saturday (Feb. 9), opening the day against the Bison at 10 a.m. before facing the Eagles at 2:15 p.m.
The No. 9 Virginia women’s team (14-6) plays California (0-0) on Saturday at 4:30 p.m., before returning on Sunday for a 11:15 a.m. match against Johns Hopkins (0-3).
Follow the Action
• Live scoring will be available for all matches during the round robin tournament with a free subscription to Club Locker.
• Links to live scoring are available on VirginiaSports.com.
• Updates throughout the weekend will be available on the team’s official Twitter account (@UVASquash).
• The Virginia Home Round Robin is the last regular season competition for the Cavaliers before they compete in the CSA Team Championships.
• The Cavaliers swept last year’s tournament as the men topped Boston College, Duke, North Carolina and Vanderbilt, while the women defeated North Carolina, Boston College, Fordham, California and Johns Hopkins.
• The Cavaliers enter with their highest national ranking as both enter as the No. 9 team.
• The program swept the Mid-Atlantic Team Championships last weekend with the women securing a 9-0 win against No. 20 Franklin and Marshall and No. 18 Dickinson, in addition to topping No. 15 George Washington 7-2.
• On the men’s side, Virginia edged three teams as the program topped then-No. 19 MIT, No. 15 George Washington and No. 16 Franklin and Marshall, 5-4. The Cavaliers also defeated No. 25 Dickinson 8-1.